Saturday, January 24, 2015

Best of Boxpunx number 5


I know I said I would probably be taking off Saturday and Sunday, but since I was home and pretty much doing nothing, I decided to go ahead and post number 5. Even though there are four models, I think of this as a single project. These are two of the characters from the animated series "Neon Genesis Evangelion", Shinji Ikari and Rei Ayanami.

The templates for their robot suits were designed by my very talented friend Nick Knite. I wanted to do a collaboration that was more than just drawing on someone else's template. I wanted to use both of our templates to create something thematic.This isn't the only time I did this, but it was one of the first, and one of the best. Nick and I have been involved in other projects together such as artbooks and skateboard decks. Check out his website if you aren't already familiar with his work.






 Thanks again to everyone for the overwhelming response! I noticed yesterday that there have been over 2500 visits to this site since I started posting again. This fills my heart with so much joy!!! It's amazing and awesome! Thanks so much. XXXOOO! And if you are downloading and building the models, I hope you're able to figure them all out!

I may or may not be back tomorrow with number 4, but I will definitely be back on Monday. So until next time, here's an interesting episode about Famicom/Nintendo multi-carts from another video series I have been watching, Pat the NES Punk.