Tuesday, February 10, 2015

True Goddess Isis


This is my little Isis idol, with a cute little drawing of Osiris on her skirt. I made this so long ago I almost forgot why I even started doing an Egyptian theme in the first place. That's not true. At the time I was reading books about mythology, and I was inspired after reading some of the Egyptian stories, such as the one about Isis and Osiris. And their son Horus, and some wicked dude named Set. And of course, as I have already posted, Anubis is in there too. I admit to not drawing the version of Anubis on the back of her skirt. It was done by some ancient guy whose name I'll never know - but wish I did because that is a pretty cool body wrap. 



I guess I just really wanted to use some hieroglyphics on some models. I don't know what any of it says but I think it looks amazing. If you do try to build this model, I apologize in advance for the arms. They are a bit tricky to force through the slots on each side of the model, but with a strong will and adequate pressure you should be able to make it through!

Good luck!

Here's the trailer for this movie I watched on YouTube last night. It's called "The Legend of Sirius", an animated movie from 1981 by Sanrio. And no, this has nothing to do with Hello Kitty.