Thursday, February 12, 2015

Spreading Through Attitude Alone


Another old Series One model, I call her Sunshine. I think it is pretty obvious why. Isn't she delightful? I have a bunch of free time over the next 48 hours, so I am going to try to get as much done on the first video as possible. So I haven't put any thought into this post other than picking the model. What can I say about this one? I wanted to make something very orange. The front says "I love Life" and the back says "But I Hate Your Music". I like that because it can be interpreted in a variety of ways. Kind of like the tongue sticking out. Really it means whatever you want it to mean. 


Maybe that sounds silly, and an easy way to get out of explaining anything, but I really like the idea of a symbol that doesn't necessarily have a single meaning. I have certainly assigned a few meanings to it over the years though. At first I thought it helped the name make more sense, as in they are all punks, sticking their tongues out and being rude, like punks might be. Then I thought  they were sticking their tongues out at the mainstream, avoiding the system, and spreading through attitude alone, hehe, like punks might do. Eventually I came to look at it as my signature, a way of signing art without using my name, because when a transcendent perspective occurs to you, why not make it your own?

Anyway, blah blah blah. I need to go film something. Like I said, I have a bunch of free time ahead of me and I should probably use it wisely. I'll still try and post a new model tomorrow, so maybe I'll see you then.